Monday, December 31, 2012

Resolutions

Earlier this week I had decided that I would not post what my resolutions are on my blog, but I have had a change of heart. I am currently sitting at my shop trying to write a toast for New Years Eve. While I sit here, munching on a baguette sandwich sammich and trying to scribble down a short and sweet toast, my goals and resolutions for the next year keep fogging my mind. Besides, writing them down is the first step towards achieving them....right?

2013 Resolutions and goals:

1) Work on my photography! 
Yes, I need more photography in my life. It is what I am passionate about. I have a very photogenic mind and I LOVE to get lost in pictures. I have a huge library of photos on my computer that are just dying to get into a photo album. In 2013 I hope to get out and take more photos. I also hope to share my photos with more people. 

2) 10,000 steps a day!
For Christmas my sister got me a Fitbit pedometer. This pedometer rocks! It tracks my steps, distance and calorie burn. I love, love, LOVE it. The Fitbit pedometer syncs up with my laptop so it keeps a record of my steps over time. I will do this even if it means walking back and fourth in my tiny apartment. 

3) Learn more about other wine regions.
My wine shop is focused on wines from the Northwest. When it comes to international wines I can get lost. I want to work on learning more about international wines, regions and history. I have just brushed the surface and I want to dive in.

4) Go on more adventures.
2012 was a year where I had to devote lots of time to my new business. I gave up social activities, weekends off and had to miss events to take care of my business. In 2013 I hope to give more time for myself and have more adventures. I want to get back into hiking, go on day trips and maybe even get away for a weekend! I know my dog and fiance would be happy!

Other things I want to work on is my nutrition, self discipline, running, and work on growing my business. 

Now that 2013 is about 10 hours away....I better get to writing that toast of mine!

Hope you all have a fun and safe New Years Eve! 

XOXO!

2 comments:

  1. I have a Fitbit too! Love it. Lost my first one, it slipped out of its holder, so take care. Fitbit replaced it for free.

    Wine... we need to start discovering more South African!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like to discover more South African wines as well!

      My Fitbit case is starting to come apart. I will need to contact them. It sounds like they have great return policies!

      Delete