Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Decarli Restaurant- Beaverton, OR

Decarli is a charming restaurant in Beaverton, Oregon that I have had my eye on for a few months now. Tonight Beau and I decided to stop on in for their happy hour which is both amazing and delicious. The dishes that we savored were cooked to perfection, being both beautiful and creative.
Polenta Fries with Gorgonzola Butter Sauce
The first dish we enjoyed were polenta fries, and they were superbly delicious. I had no idea that such a thing existed, and I am very happy they do! They have a great crunch on the outside and the polenta on the inside had a soft, smooth, and a light cornmeal texture to it. The Gorgonzola butter made me hesitate a little because I despise do not prefer Gorgonzola cheese, however, I only hesitated! I got over my dislike for the cheese and dove into the sauce with a fry and "WOW", it was amazing. The combination is beautiful!
Bruschetta
This bruschetta is simply genius! It was a plate of bruschetta that consisted of three different combinations. The one on the left is fig, blue cheese and walnut. The middle is a type of steak with some gravy. The far right bruschetta had brie and prosciutto. This delightful little plate was mind blowing to me because I had never had bruschetta with anything but a tomato base. I fell in love with this idea! All three were wonderful and the plate was left with only a few crumbs =)
Pizzetta
Decarli's is known for their "Pizzettas". I had to get one, especially since it was on happy hour! The one above has arugula, prosciutto, olive oil and a few different kinds of cheese. The crust is thin, and the flavors of the pizzetta went together very heavenly. There was a great proportion of toppings to crust, and I didn't feel the need to dip it in ranch!

Decarli is a restaurant that I am VERY happy to see in Beaverton. Places like this are hard to find outside of Portland. Decarli is right off Hall Blvd in Beaverton. It is dangerously close to our neck of the woods and I am sure that we will be visiting this place for Happy Hour frequently =)

Oh, and by the way~ Make sure you keep an eye on your drink at all times when out with Beau!
I caught Beau stealing my drink!
Cheers!

Becky Boo!

No comments:

Post a Comment