Monday, January 2, 2012

2012- What shall I expect?

From my last post 2011: A Year to Remember, I highlighted many milestones that happened in my life. Now that it is 2012 I keep thinking....What shall I expect? I am currently happy at my job but I know that I wont be there forever. I am realizing that it soon will be time for me to take my career in a new direction. I will need to seek out a job that is more of a challenge for me in 2012. I will need to find a job that gives me something I strive for. Most importantly this job must help me get to my goal of "doing what I love, and to love what I do". The HUGE question is "what" will I be doing that I love in my career?

Things that I know I love: Food, wine, beer, photography, and cooking (yes...epicurean). I hope that I can find a career or own a business where I am able to take what I love and am passionate about and share it with others. I don't see myself being stuck behind a desk for the rest of my life, nor working in the corporate world. I come from a small family business, and that is where my heart is. Perhaps in the next 5 to 10 years I can make that small business happen. 

Until then, here are my 2012 goals:

Goal #1: Many of you know I am an avid homebrewer so I plan to learn much more about brewing beer. I plan to hit the books harder and get as much brewing knowledge into my brain cells as they can handle. I would love to find an intern position at a brewery or *gasp* find a part time job!

Goal #2: I am passionate about photography, and this is an area that I really need to expand on as well. I need to learn about processing photos, as well as more photography techniques.

Goal #3: What is New Years goals without having a health one? I want to incorporate more clean eating into my diet. The past 6 months I have been splurging so now its time for me to cut back and work on my health.

Goal #4: Honestly I hate running, but I make myself do it because its good for the body. One of my goals this year is to run a half marathon. I have done a 5K, but never a half marathon. Perhaps this year I will finally get into cross fit too =)

Looking into the future of 2012, there is a lot of exciting things that could happen. There are a lot of directions my life can go. I look forward to the adventures that the next year has to bring.

Cheers to 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment