Monday, November 14, 2011

Eggnog Crepes!

Autographed Kitchen Breakfast Cookbook
Image source: Stonewallkitchen.com

The eggnog madness began recently with the Crunchy Eggnog French Toast, and it continued this morning with Eggnog Crepes!  The refrigerator was empty of many breakfast ingredients, so my options were limited. In desperation, I turned to a cookbook that my boss gave me on my birthday called "Stonewall Kitchen- Breakfast". I flipped through the cookbook eyeballing recipes I could create in one variation or another. I got towards the end of the book and came across a crepe recipe. I nearly jumped out of my chair in excitement until I realized I did not have regular milk. My creativity got flowing and I decided to experiment and give Eggnog Crepes a try. This recipe I tweaked based based on what I had available in my kitchen.

Recipe- (makes about 4 crepes)
3/4 cup of eggnog
2 eggs
2 tbsp melted butter
1/2 cup of flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or cinnamon, or nutmeg....those would all work)
1 tbsp sugar

Mix the ingredients in a bowl for about five minutes. Heat up a skillet with a small amount of butter. I cooked my crepes on medium heat. Put about two ounces of batter into the pan. Swirl the batter around so that there is a thin layer of batter in your pan. Cook until the edges of the crepes are golden brown, then give that baby a flip! Once both sides are golden brown, its time to have some fun and add the toppings!


In my crepes I had vanilla yogurt, blueberries, banana, raspberry jam, bananas, and a touch of syrup. I love toppings so I tend to use them in copious amounts.

For my first crepe making experience, I am happy to announce that it was both EPIC and a SUCCESS. I will create multiple variations of crepes in the future. This was only the beginning.

Happy crepe making!

~Becky

3 comments:

  1. You keep experimenting. I'll keep making and eating. Not an egg nog fan, but these and your french toast sound delish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Hi Jen! Happy to hear that you enjoyed them! Cheers and Happy New Year!

      Delete